Bandon A.C. is affiliated to Athletics Ireland, members compete at all levels in Track&Field, Cross Country and road. Click here for Child Safeguarding Statement
Training: Mon and Wed night. 7pm-9pm. No training on Bank Holidays. There is a charge of €2 per night for training. You need to be a fully paid up member to attend training. C.I.T Track is also used for training.
Membership Update: Any new members (excluding Fit4Life) wishing to join please fill in this online form.
Fit4Life:Please contact the FIT4LIFE Club Mobile Phone at 087-4340860
Renewal for existing members only : Membership renewal for 2021
A note from the Club Covid Compliance Officer. Date: 23rd October 2020
Bandon Athletic Club will continue its training programme for all school going children 18yrs and younger. It will operate within the current Level 5 restrictions period, in conjunction with the Government’s Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for Living with COVID-19.
Training sessions will continue as normal set out below
- All school going children and their coaches will attend training within and outside the 5km zone
- All Coaches and Coach assistants have been issued with a travel pass by the Club Covid Compliance Officer, to be used for training only. These permits are for our own training grounds and CIT.
- All training is conducted within Pods of fifteen, which also includes the coach / Coach Assistants
- Our usual Covid 19 precautions apply to all athletes must bring hand sanitiser, there can be no physical contact, social distancing must be observed, correct respiratory etiquette, as per the signed declaration.
- Our Coach Assistants play a huge part as a Covid supervisor.
- As normal, all athletes are dropped no earlier than five minutes before training commences, and arrival for pick up five minutes prior to the end of training.
- No senior training sessions are permitted by Bandon Athletic Club, during level 5 restrictions
- Individual training only permitted only within the 5km.
- Elite / Carded athletes are permitted to train in groups of pods of fifteen, within or outside the 5km. A letter of proof is required from the federation.
- For all Fit4life walkers and runners training is suspended for the duration of the current level 5 restrictions
- In these difficult and challenging times we ask all invested interests (Athletes, Coaches, Coach Assistants, Parents) to help us keep our club safe at all times
- We encourage off site individual training outside training times, only if it can be conducted within the 5km zone. Always adhere to the health guidelines, which are available on gov.ie
- We wish everyone a very safe period while training and living in all other aspects in life.
A great 1st day for Bandon AC members at the National Seniors.
Early into action was Nicola Tuthil in the womens hammer and she lead the competition from the 1st round and finished winning with an impressive throw of over 60m. Just the 6th Irish female to break the 60m mark and an incredible achievement at just 16 years of age.
Shane Howard defended his Long Jump title with a best of 7.44m, Diarmuid O’Connor placed 6th place with a jump of 6.73m. Also competing but out of luck today were Tristian and Dylan Chambers.
The club will once again be holding its annual summer camp this year.
Venue will be the Town Park.
Dates: 20/21/22 July
Times: 10am – 2pm
Payment can also be made online, please contact the club phone for more details.
We will be following the latest Covid guidelines during the camp.
** Please note, everyone attending camp needs to complete this questionaire and return it Health Questionaire for summer camp
After the initial steps back to training last week which went well the club covid officer is monitoring all changes to rules and guidelines and as soon as its possible and safe to do so, the club will be expanding its training. Until then, please bear with us and keep safe and well.
The club’s Covid-19 Safety Officer has been putting in trojan work to help get the club opened for training again.
The club is currently planning on returning to training on a limited basis on Monday 15th June.
As per AAI guidelines, this will only be for athletes who have had their 13th birthday.
We are also constrainted by the number of athletes each coach can safely manage and the number of people who can safely be present at training sessions, so initially unfortunately we may not be able to accomdate everyone who wishes to return to training, but the club will try its best to do this.
Club will be communicating more information about training via the club phone over the next day or so
Please bear with us, this is uncharted territory for us and for everyone and we are determined to do this safely for everyone’s sake.
For information about all Health and Safety issues please click here the club will be adding more information as it becomes available
Statement from Bandon AC re: announcement Wed 13th from Athletics Ireland
Dear club members,
This information applies to both juvenile and senior athletes. You may have seen the press release on Wednesday from Athletics Ireland stating that club training can return from next Monday, the 18th of May, so we would like to update all members on the status of training in Bandon AC.
Training remains suspended for Bandon AC for the foreseeable future, and will not return on the 18th of May. The announcement from Athletics Ireland was only to say that clubs do now have the permission of Sport Ireland to return in very small and controlled groups, under strict conditions, and where the club can control the facility in which the training occurs. More information on this announcement can be found on the Athletics Ireland Covid-19 updates page. There are documents here detailing the restrictions on athletes, clubs and coaches that must be met before training can resume, and we have no way to meet all these requirements at this time.
As a club, two of our training venues, Bandon Grammar School and CIT track, remain closed with no current timetable for when they will reopen. We are also aware a large number of our members and coaches live outside the 5km limit from the Town Park in Bandon.
The relaxing of restrictions that are to come into effect next Monday do not allow for a club of our size to easily return to training at this time. It is not safe or workable to do so at this time. We would love to see all our members back training, but it is just not possible yet.
We have started to look at what needs to be in be place before we could resume on a limited basis. We are currently preparing a Covid-19 Risk Assessment with the safety of our coaches and members paramount.
When we have more information on this, we will notify all members through phone, our Facebook page and website, and will try to give as much notice as possible. There are still many limiting factors restricting us, and we don’t know at this time when it will be possible to return.
We encourage all members to continue to train alone or with family household members only, and to follow the guidelines from the HSE on social distancing and maintaining safety when you are out and about. The club is not in a position to endorse or facilitate ad-hoc training groups at this time.
We will update our members again just as soon as the return to training becomes clearer.
Bandon AC Committee